It is the responsibility of every business owner to understand and mitigate the risks facing their business. A Strategic Plan is an essential tool to understand what dangers may be lurking, hidden from view, in your IT environment as it currently exists. Wait until a disaster happens, in the form of a breach or loss of vital data, and it will be too late. Your business could suffer a potentially fatal blow.
A Roxville Strategic IT Plan will clearly identify major risks that your organization faces if existing gaps are not addressed.
The Plan will capture the current state of your IT environment by:
- Documenting the existing computing infrastructure
- Providing an inventory of existing computing assets
- Outlining a network diagram
- Enumerating the known risks/problems/gaps
It will also capture the business needs that should be supported by IT via interviews with your Managers:
- What applications are currently in use?
- What issues are they encountering?
- What additional IT support do they require to achieve or surpass their business objectives?
The Plan will present a road map for the next 2 – 3 years:
- Provide guidance with respect to IT investment priorities
- Document an approach (premises based, cloud computing, hybrid)
- Document IT policies and procedures (example: password administration)
- Document the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)